Contribute  :  Advanced Search  :  Site Statistics  :  Directory  :  About Warpstock  :  Past Events  :  Privacy Policy  :  Links  :  Polls  :  Media Gallery  :  FAQ's  :  My Downloads  :  Forum  :  Logo Links  :  Calendar  
Warpstock Corporation
Welcome to Warpstock Corporation
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 02:22 PM

Forum Index > Events > Location Suggestions New Topic Post Reply
 Part live, part virtual for 2009
 |  Printable Version
Sheldon Britton
 January 31 2009 01:11 AM  
Forum Newbie

Hi "BigWarpGuy". You have said among other things "With the cost of traveling and the economy the way it is..." This is indeed an most important and interesting point to note; and, from all appearances the economies of countries around the world are not getting any better and from some reports the worst is yet to come. So, I for one will be in agreement with your statement 100% that "a part live part virtual makes (and, I would add the words "plenty of" ) sense and allow more to be part of it even though they can not make it to the actual event". Wink

BTW, I have received your email response to the one which was sent to you by me.

Regards.

Profile Email
Sheldon Britton
 February 02 2009 14:24 PM  
Forum Newbie

Hi "BigWarpGuy"! In addition to the above post I think that you were right on the money as the reading of the below attached IBM's article echoes your sentiments "[...With the cost of traveling and the economy the way it is...]":

Re: "Saving Businesses Time and Money, One Online Meeting at a Time"

"In challenging economic times, the ability to collaborate with colleagues, partners and customers from around the world without ever leaving the office is a financial necessity. With the latest version of Lotus Sametime, IBM is helping businesses save time and money by participating in online meetings quickly and easily".

The rest of the article can be read here:

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/26518.wss

Cheers.

Profile Email
LewisR
 February 16 2009 18:00 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Thanks for Ken's contact info, Sheldon. As soon as I have a grasp on what our connectivity possibilities are for Warpstock 2009, I'll touch base with him.

Cheers/2

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS, EA Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation

Profile Email Website
Sheldon Britton
 March 27 2009 11:09 AM  
Forum Newbie

Hi Lewis, Hi All,

Reflecting on "President Obama's Web 2.0 Experiment" it dawned on me that Lewis' idea for a "Part live, part virtual for 2009" was (like the OS/2 Operating System was in circa 90's) way ahead of the "game".... and, more so the continuing worst financial and economic crisis the world has seen in the last one hundred years.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/032609-obamas-web-20-experiment-draws.html?Inform=nl&netht=rn_032709&nladname=032709dailynewsamal

Can anyone say what are the latest developments with regards to this proposal as I had previously provided useful IBM's contact information for support with respect to this proposal for a "Part live, part virtual for 2009"

Kindest regards.

Sheldon Britton
Orion Enterprises and
Orion Resources International
New York, NY

Profile Email
abwillis
 April 02 2009 20:08 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

We use Unyte at work. While I haven't had a chance to use it to verify it does indeed work with OS/2 (though it looks like it should) it cannot share the desktop as Windows does... you can join and view but not share out (Linux is not supported any better).

Profile Email
BigWarpGuy
 February 07 2010 20:24 PM  
Forum Full Member

Will there be the 'part live, part virtual' at the Waterloo Ontario Canada Warpstock? Question It would be nice if it was at the Warpstock Europe event for 2010. Cool

TomLeeM aka BigWarpGuy aka BigGoofyGuy TomLeeM Art Stuff (my art on stuff). http://www.cafepress.com/tomleem

Profile Email Website
Sheldon Britton
 April 29 2010 15:34 PM  
Forum Newbie

From this CNET NEWS Article which is headlined; re: "Microsoft scraps in-person Windows conference"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20003720-56.html?tag=mncol

It will appear that no one has told those on the Campus at Redmond that they could have had an "Part Live, Part Virtual Windows Conference" just like the one proposed here.

Well, then again they are perhaps not as "thoughtful" as some OS/2 Warp folks such as the person who came up with the idea for an Part Live, Part Virtual for Warpstock 2009. And, does anyone knows if the same proposal holds for Warpstock 2010; and, particularly so in that it has been announced that eComStation 2.0 is now expected to be GA in time for Warpstock Europe 2010. See the below attached link:

http://www.ecomstation.com/

Best regards.

Sheldon Britton
Orion Enterprises and
Orion Resources International
NY. NY.

Profile Email
Blonde Guy
 May 12 2010 21:33 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

If either of you want to put on the virtual event, you're welcome to come to Warpstock. Just let me know what you need, and I'll help get it lined up.

Neil

Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

Profile Email Website
BigWarpGuy
 October 14 2010 20:56 PM  
Forum Full Member

Maybe next year. It would be nice to go but with the possibility taxes going up and the cost of every thing going up with it, it might not be possible. A virtual Warpstock might be needed along side the actual one. Cool

TomLeeM aka BigWarpGuy aka BigGoofyGuy TomLeeM Art Stuff (my art on stuff). http://www.cafepress.com/tomleem

Profile Email Website
LewisR
 October 28 2010 21:03 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Topic split. See topic Possible sponsor groups.

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS, EA Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.93 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:22 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content