Contribute  :  Advanced Search  :  Site Statistics  :  Directory  :  About Warpstock  :  Past Events  :  Privacy Policy  :  Links  :  Polls  :  Media Gallery  :  FAQ's  :  My Downloads  :  Forum  :  Logo Links  :  Calendar  
Warpstock Corporation
Welcome to Warpstock Corporation
Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:25 PM

Forum Index > Warped Cafe > Whatever! New Topic Post Reply
 How many actually know of this forum?
 |  Printable Version
BigWarpGuy
 May 09 2007 14:21 PM (Read 4926 times)  
Forum Full Member

How many actually know about this forum? Does the people at warpstock_public know about this forum? If so few know and/or use this forum, perhaps a link to the warpstock_public group instead of ones own forum that is rarely used? Question

Cool

TomLeeM aka BigWarpGuy aka BigGoofyGuy TomLeeM Art Stuff (my art on stuff). http://www.cafepress.com/tomleem

Profile Email Website
LewisR
 September 07 2007 16:47 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Late reply...sorry; it's been one of those years....

This is a good point, Tom. However, as we really do want to transition off of Yahoo Groups, and we are still seeking a forum-to-list plugin for the site, which would allow people to post messages list-style, I think the question is more accurately put, "how do we get people to switch from the warpstock_public group to the forums here?"

I suppose more emphasis should be placed on the availability of these forums over at warpstock_public, instead. That's just an opinion of course, and nothing official from the Board; I'm (as usual) talking off of the top of my head...!

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS, EA Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation

Profile Email Website
BigWarpGuy
 September 18 2007 14:04 PM  
Forum Full Member

I hope you find something to accomplish what you want. A forum like this keeps out spam but some want an e-mail 'mailing list'. It would be interesting to what is out there and can be used at this site. Cool

TomLeeM aka BigWarpGuy aka BigGoofyGuy TomLeeM Art Stuff (my art on stuff). http://www.cafepress.com/tomleem

Profile Email Website
LewisR
 September 18 2007 21:22 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Thanks. Yes, the ideal solution would be something akin to Gmane. There was a mailing list plugin for Geeklog, but it is now quite old compared to the current versions of Geeklog. I should ask Blaine (the developer of the forum plugin) if he has any plans to develop and add-on to support mailing lists (now why didn't I think of that before?).

Still, others would prefer a newsgroup. That's another story, altogether!

Wink

Thanks for your input here, Tom, and sorry again for some of the long delays in responses (from me, especially). I just need to make it part of my routine to check on the forums, but alas, I have so many other irons in the fire, that visiting another site on a regular basis sometimes becomes near impossible!

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS, EA Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation

Profile Email Website
abwillis
 September 19 2007 13:06 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yes, a newsgroup would be perfect Laughing Out Loud

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.79 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:25 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content