Watch this space for important travel itinerary considerations.
Airports within reasonable proximity to UC Santa Cruz include:
San Jose International Airport (SJC) is approximately 35 miles from the UC Santa Cruz campus. Suggestions for airport transportation include:
• Door-to-Door Shuttles – Shuttles can either be arranged over the telephone or can be found waiting in one of two areas: Terminal A - In the Ground Transportation Center located south of the Terminal Garage. Terminal C - Outside, same side of street, just south of baggage claim. Costs vary depending on the destination; contact the service providers listed on the SJC website for reservations and additional information.
• Combine train & bus travel to get from the San Jose Airport to the UC Santa Cruz campus. Total approximate one-way cost is $9.50. From San Jose Airport take VTA ( Valley Transit Authority) Airport Flyer Route #10 bus to the Santa Clara Caltrain station. Ride Caltrain from the Santa Clara station to the San Jose Diridon (Cahill Street) Caltrain/Amtrak station. At the San Jose Diridon (Cahill Street) station transfer to the Highway 17 Express bus to the Santa Cruz Metro's Pacific Station in downtown Santa Cruz. At Santa Cruz Metro's Pacific Station take any University bus route to UC Santa Cruz campus. To get to the airport from campus just reverse the order - take any University route Metro bus from campus to Santa Cruz Metro Center and transfer to a Highway 17 Express bus at Santa Cruz Metro Center. Arrive at the San Jose Diridon Caltrain/Amtrak train station (Cahill Street), get off the Highway 17 bus and take the Caltrain from the Diridon station to the next station, the Santa Clara station. At the Santa Clara Caltrain station cross the street to catch the VTA Airport Flyer Route 10 bus to the San Jose Airport. **Note: You can replace the Caltrain segment with the VTA Light Rail Winchester-Mountain View 902. Get on or off the 902 Light Rail at the Metro/Airport stop at 1st Street & Metro Drive. Transfer to the VTA Route 10 bus at the 1st Street & Metro Drive stop instead of transferring at the Santa Clara Caltrain station.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is approximately 62 miles from the UC Santa Cruz campus. Visit the web sites of the services listed to confirm availability and obtain current schedule and pricing information.
Oakland International Airport (OAK) is approximately 63 miles from the UC Santa Cruz campus. Travel options to campus from OAK are limited; requires multiple transfers on buses and train.
• Catch a BART train at the SFO International Terminal; the SFO BART Station is located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal (Boarding Area G side). BART is easily accessed from any terminal by riding SFO's free AirTrain to the Garage G/BART Station stop. BART provides a direct connection to Caltrain at the Millbrae station. Ride Caltrain from the Millbrae station to the San Jose Diridon (Cahill Street) station. At the San Jose Diridon station transfer to the Highway 17 Express bus to Santa Cruz Metro's Pacific station in downtown Santa Cruz. At Santa Cruz Metro's Pacific station take any University route bus to the UC Santa Cruz campus.
Monterey Peninsula Airport (MRY) is approximately 45 miles from the UC Santa Cruz campus.
• Take the AirBART Shuttle that stops in front of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 at the Oakland Airport. Get off at the Coliseum/Oakland Airport BART station on San Leandro Blvd. Take a BART train to the Fremont BART station. At Fremont BART station take VTA (Valley Transit Authority) Express Bus 180 to the San Jose Diridon Caltrain/Amtrak station. Take the Highway 17 Express bus from San Jose Diridon station to Santa Cruz Metro's Pacific station in downtown Santa Cruz. Take any University Route bus from Santa Cruz Metro's Pacific station to the UC Santa Cruz campus. Total approximate cost is $15.00.
• Call a MST customer service representative at 831–899–2555 to find out how transfers between Monterey Salinas Transit (MST) and Santa Cruz Metro buses can connect travelers to campus from the Monterey Peninsula Airport.
• Enterprise Rent-a-Car rents to students 18 years and older and offers daily and partial day rates. 18-20 years old , reference account #UCSC18; over 21 reference account #UCSC21.
PIN #UCS. Call 831-426-7799.
• The event team has arranged for a van from UCSC to San Jose (SJC) on Sunday afternoon after the conference. No charge, but a donation for gas money would be appreciated.
• Other airport shuttle providers:
Company Name Phone Number / Address Service Early Bird Airport Shuttle 4525 Portola Drive, Santa Cruz
Make reservations on-line. They may be able to combine trips to save us money.
Basic rate (one way): $75 San Jose (SJC), $115 San Francisco (SFO) (up to 3 people)
ABC Sedan & Limousine (831) 477-0170 Conference rate (one way): $94 San Jose (SJC), $142 San Francisco (SFO)
$10 more for international; gratuity included
must call for conference rate
Cornerstone Airporter Express Service (831) 477-0980 Basic rate (one way): $80 San Jose (SJC), $130 San Francisco (SFO) Airport Express (831) 477-7000 SFO to UCSC was $107 + 10% gas surcharge + $7 airport fee for 2 persons not including gratuity.
If you arrive after 10:00 pm, here is the procedure:
When you enter the west entrance, you will be stopped at the entrance kiosk. You should request that the CSO (Community Safety Officer) for College 8 meet you near the apartments to let you into your apartment. In the morning you should then go to the Conference Office at 7:00 am or later to register and receive your keys, meal card and parking permit (if needed). The CSOs are on duty from 7:15 pm until 2:45 am. If you will arrive after 2:45 am, you should stay at a nearby hotel and arrive on campus the next morning.
Please take a moment to download the map of College 8 from our File Manager and print it to bring with you for reference. This will show you exactly where the conference office is located. The apartments for Warpstock are very near this office as well.