Subject: Sheraton Hotel Eatontown

Posted on: October 21 2008 @ 07:47 PM
By: BigWarpGuy

Content:

I found this site in Eatontown New Jersey at the Sheraton Hotel . I just wish there was others near me - OS/2 eCS users - that I get with to submit this but maybe some one else could.
"Minutes from the New Jersey Shore, no other facility accommodates business or leisure travelers in greater comfort or style than the Sheraton Eatontown Hotel. Conveniently located on Route 35, just minutes from the Garden State Parkway Exit 105. The Hotel offers easy access to Newark International Airport and the excitement of both Manhattan and Atlantic City. Yet the Sheraton is only minutes from beautiful beaches, the PNC Art Center and the world-famous Monmouth Park Race Track. "
Mr. Green

I learned about it when I received information on another conference that is taking place there. Cool

Replies:

Re: Sheraton Hotel Eatontown

Posted on: October 25 2008 @ 10:56 AM
By: Blonde+Guy

Content:

Tom, thanks for your contribution. This hotel would be OK for Warpstock, but it would take a local person to take charge of negotiating with them. But in 2008, we went to a university instead of a hotel, and we were pleased with the result. It's cheaper, and there is a staff that seems to want to help us.

I'll bet there is a nice university with a summer conference program near you. If you happen to find one, post it here.

Posted on: October 26 2008 @ 11:06 PM

Content:

I will check for area universities. There is the Princeton University but it is in a very expensive area; Princeton. There is the College of New Jersey and Rutgers and the New Jersey Institute of Technology (the ones I can think of).. The College of New Jersey has the Trenton Computer Fair and Robot Contest in April. of every year. Mr. Green

Sheraton Hotel Eatonton
"
Local Attractions

* Monmouth Mall 1.6 km/1.0 miles
* Monmouth Race Track 4.8 km/3.0 miles
* Long Branch 6.4 km/4.0 miles
* Monmouth University 6.4 km/4.0 miles
* Atlantic Ocean 6.4 km/4.0 miles
* Jumping Brook Golf Course 6.4 km/4.0 miles
* Count Basie Theater 8.1 km/5.0 miles
* Belmar 16.1 km/10.0 miles
* PNC Bank Art Center 20.9 km/13.0 miles
* Point Pleasant Boardwalk 24.1 km/15.0 miles
* Seaside Heights Beach and Boardwalk 24.1 km/15.0 miles
* Freehold Raceway Park 40.2 km/25.0 miles
* Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari 48.3 km/30.0 miles
* New York City, NY (Manhattan) 80.5 km/50.0 miles
* Meadowlands Sports Complex 96.6 km/60.0 miles
* Philadelphia 96.6 km/60.0 miles
* Atlantic City, NJ 120.7 km/75.0 miles
"
Mr. Green

Posted on: October 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM

Content:

"We appreciate your interest in the Sheraton Eatontown for your 2009 conference. Below is an idea of pricing. I’m not sure exactly the amount and time frame of the space you’ll require. Once I have those details, I can update this proposal.

Group Rate - $149.00 per room per night plus applicable taxes (currently 15%). Hotel would hold rooms at the discounted rate until five weeks prior to the event.

Meeting Room to accommodate up to 70 people - $700.00 per day

Breakout Rooms - $300.00 per room per day.

I’m not sure if you’ll be providing Food & Beverage during the meetings other than the closing banquet. I’ve attached some menu options.

There is an outside company that provides transportation to and from Newark Airport. It’s called Olympic Airport Shuttle, the cost right now is $45.00 each way plus gratuity. Their telephone number is 800-822-9797.

I will be out of the office from Wednesday, October 28 returning on Tuesday, November 4. I can follow up with you when I return. Again, we thank you for your consideration.

"
It seemed like a good place. Perhaps a little high on the prices? Question

Posted on: November 08 2008 @ 01:55 PM

Content:

Thanks, Tom.

That's a good proposal. As you pointed out, it's a bit expensive for us, but it included the facts as we need them. One item that is not covered is internet access.

Neil

Posted on: November 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM

Content:

I will check it out. Mr. Green I did not think to check but I will.

Posted on: November 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM

Content:

There are internet access in the rooms. There should internet access in the conference rooms. Cool

Posted on: November 16 2008 @ 09:51 AM

Content:

Warpstock has had problems in the past, when the hotel wanted a large extra payment for internet access in the conference rooms. These days, it shouldn't be difficult to get internet access, but we don't want to have an unexpected bill at the end of the conference.

Thanks, Tom, for checking this out.

Posted on: November 17 2008 @ 08:46 PM

Content:

I did not see if it had in the conference rooms.

I will look into colleges in the area about holding a convention. Cool

Warpstock Corporation - Forum
http://www.warpstock.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=437