Friday, May 05 2006 @ 10:04 PM
Contributed by: LewisR
Earn a Certificate for Professional Development from the University of Illinois' Office of Continuing Education upon completion of a selected series of courses, or simply take a course or two for continuing ed or to learn a new skill.
O'Reilly Learning builds online courses that help you learn by doing:
- Practice and experiment in real programming environments.
- Learn at your own pace online.
- Receive friendly feedback and advice from your instructor.
- Earn a Certificate from the University of Illinois.
Check out http://www.oreillylearning.com/ for courses such as:
- Introduction to HTML and CSS
- Learn Perl for CGI Programming
- Learn PHP
- Learn SQL for Database Programming
- Learn C Programming, Part 1
- Learn C Programming, Part 2
- Learn VBScript
- Learn Visual Basic .Net
- Learn C#
- Learn XML
- Learn Object-Oriented Programming Using Java
- Linux/Unix Sysadmin I: The Basics of System Administration
- Linux/Unix Sysadmin II: Networking and DNS
- Linux/Unix Sysadmin III: Unix Services (including email and web servers)
- Linux/Unix Sysadmin IV: Scripting for Administrators--Sed, Awk, and Perl
While you're there, you might want to mention the distinct lack of OS/2 and/or eCS courses, when compared to the Linux/Unix offerings. If that garners any interest, be sure to let us know here at Warpstock.